Recruitment Privacy Notice
Your data is yours.
At Diplomat we are committed to protecting personal data. In this document, we will explain in detail how Diplomat will process your personal data in the context of the recruitment process, why we process your personal data and the regulation guidelines we follow in such process. We will also share information regarding your rights in relation to your personal data.
Any personal data provided to or collected by Diplomat is controlled by Diplomat. To find out more about how we comply with specific country privacy requirements, please get in touch with the local Diplomat HR department in your country.
For any questions relating to the processing and protection of your personal data provided to Diplomat, you can contact the local Diplomat HR department.
1. Collecting your personal data
1.1 Personal data collected directly from you
As part of the recruitment process and your application for a position with us, you will be asked to share some personal data about you. Examples of such data include your name, email address, mobile number, mailing address, your academic and professional qualifications and experiences, etc. This data is needed for us to process your application for employment with Diplomat.
1.2 Special categories of personal data
As part of your recruitment process you may provide sensitive personal data, often referred to as special categories of personal data (for example, information relating to your race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, criminal records, physical or mental health, biometric information, or sexual orientation.) If you do provide sensitive personal data, you do so voluntarily and agree that such information may be used as described in this Recruitment Privacy Notice.
We respect your privacy and will process these special categories of personal data with care, only where relevant and in accordance with applicable privacy law.
1.3 Personal data collected from third parties
We may also collect personal data provided by third parties via referrals, recruitment agencies, background screening providers etc.
2. Processing your personal data
· Profile management: We may process personal data to manage your profile in our recruitment systems so that we can monitor your progression along our recruitment process as well as provide current and future job opportunities, based on your skills, interests, location, etc.
· Pre-screening: We may ask some background questions to check that you can legally work in a given location and meet the essential job criteria. This process may be automated.
· Profile Evaluation:
§ Profile review: To assist our recruitment staff in identifying potential candidates, your profile (work experience, qualifications etc.) may be evaluated and ranked using a customized machine learning model.
§ Tests: You may be invited to take a set of on line assessment tests which collect objective data analysis capability and cultural fit, using Diplomat customized testing models, to predict your potential for the role which you have applied for.
§ Video interview: You may be invited to a video interview to answer a set of pre-defined questions. A machine learning model analyses the recorded videos, comparing you against a benchmark and thereby evaluates your suitability for the role for which you have applied. All profile evaluation tools are regularly tested to confirm they have used fair and unbiased criteria.
· Personal interview: When you are invited for a physical or video conferencing interview (e.g. Skype), the interviewer may ask relevant questions to assess your suitability for the role.
We may use varied type of communication tools (such as emails, letters, calls, chatbot etc.) for answering recruitment related queries, sending communications & scheduling interviews.
2.3 Statistical research
We perform general statistical research using your data and data of other candidates to analyze the effectiveness of our selection process and we use aggregated information to create reports.
· We do not hire individuals solely based on automated processing. Where automatic processing supports the recruitment process, you may have the right to request human intervention, contest an outcome that has resulted from automated processing and express your point of view.
3. Data retention
4. Personal data and location of processing
We may share your personal data for purposes related to the recruitment process with:
o Other companies within the Diplomat Group. If we do transfer personal data abroad, Diplomat will make sure that the personal data is protected with a similar level of protection as required by law in its country of origin and the destinated country.
o Authorized third party agents, service providers and/or subcontractors of Diplomat and in particular authorized third parties who carry out reference and background checks on behalf of Diplomat; and
o Competent public authorities, government, regulatory or fiscal agencies, to comply with a legal obligation.
5. What are your rights?
You may have certain rights under your local law in relation to the personal data we hold about you. In particular, you may have a right to:
· be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
· request a copy of personal data we hold about you.
· request that we update the personal data we hold about you or correct such personal data that you think is incorrect or incomplete.
· request that we delete personal data that we hold about you or restrict the way in which we use such personal data.
· request that we restrict our processing, or you may object to our processing of your personal data
· request that you will not be evaluated solely on the basis of automated processing, including profiling, and that your application will be subject to human intervention and to express your point of view where automated processing is used.
· request to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on consent and consent is the only permissible basis for processing);
· complain to a Data Protection Authority in your country.
Help us help you
Please only submit applications using the proper channels (ex: on Diplomat career sites). Receiving your request at the right contact point helps us process your request faster and guard your privacy better.
6. Changes to this notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated from time to time, in line with new registration or processes. This Privacy Notice was last updated in July 2021.